A thousand years ago, this land was green and good, until the Crystal cracked.
The Valley was once the site of a large mountain housing the Great Crystal. When the Fallen urSkeks came to Thra, they demolished the mountain and refashioned it into the Castle of the Crystal. After the Great Division, a great earthquake shook the Valley after the Skeksis cracked the Crystal.
The earthquake was stopped by the urRu, but not in time to save the distant Podling village of Noy. The Valley gradually became a desolate land, due to the Dark Crystal feeding noxious energies along Thra's ley-lines stemming from the Castle. During the Garthim Wars, the Valley was the site of a great battle between the Garthim and Gelflings attempting to free people taken prisoner during the Battle of Namopo Valley.
- ↑ Henson, J. & Oz, F. (dir.); Henson, J., Kurtz, G. & Lazer, D. (prod.); Henson, J. & Odell, D. (writ.) (December 17, 1982). The Dark Crystal (Motion picture). New York City, NY: Jim Henson Productions.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Froud, B., Dysart, J., Sheikman, A. & John, L. (2012). The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Vol. II. Archaia. ISBN 978-1-936393-80-0
- ↑ Froud, B. & Llewellyn, J. J., (2003) The World of the Dark Crystal. Pavilion Books. ISBN 1-86205-624-2
- ↑ Smith, A. C. H., & Odell, D. (1982). The Dark Crystal. Holt, Rinehart and Winston . ISBN 0030624363
- ↑ Kessel, B. R. & Arnhold, H. (2010) Legends of the Dark Crystal Volume 2: Trial by Fire. TokyoPop. ISBN 1598167022